Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Claddagh Ring


Do any of you watch Buffy? Don't you dare laugh at me! I love the show!


Anyways in the show this vampire gave Buffy a ring. It's called the Claddagh Ring and it really does exhist, but you can only find it in Ireland. Since when couples marry they wear the rings. It's some sort of tradition they have, but not all follow it. And lucky for me someone got it for me.(im not getting married lol) I kept going on and on about it so this person went through hell to get it for me. Awww ;**


So in a month and a half it's going to be around my finger :D You guys have no idea since when I was obsessing over this ring... 2 years!


Look at the picture.


Symbolism: The Claddagh's distinctive design features two hands clasping a heart, and usually surmounted by a crown. The elements of this symbol are often said to correspond to the qualities of love (the heart), friendship (the hands), and loyalty (the crown). The expression which was associated with these symbols in the giving of the ring was: "With my two hands I give you my heart, and crown it with my love." Yet, the expression, "Let love and friendship reign forever" can be found as another meaning for the symbols.



I cannot believe that it's finaly going to be mine. Thank you to that special "someone" ;)



Love you all

-xx



Btw, how are you all doing with your exams??

11 comments:

Emnilia said...

allah!! angel gave it to her..... its amazing... i wish someone would give it to me:)

Anonymous said...

Alllaaaaah eyaniiiiiin!!! 3alaaich bel 3afyaa ;**!! 7addda shawagteeniii abii nafsaa !! 3ad I neveeer wear rings bass 7addii eb 3ers albiss ;p..but this one ghair eyaniin..akeed bass mawjood eb irland?

Cuteandcuddly said...

I love buffy too !!!!!!!!!!

I want one !!!!!!!

if it gets lost tara its my eyes :P

lol i am so happy you finally got it enjoy it and maybe it will bring prince charming knocking on your door ;)

Suzy.Q said...

** Emnilia
inshallah 7beebty you will get one :)


** Anonymous
Thank u 7beebty ;** u can order it online


** CuteandCuddly
<3
i hope it does bring him :)

Dazzlin said...

all its adorable.. omg ayam Buffy walla its been a while since ive seen that series.. mbrook 3al ring dear im glad ur finally getting it.. inshalla it stays with u 4ever and ever..

Nawarii said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet and cute...tistahlaaaaaaaaain

love ;** said...

I use to watch buffy religiously ;**

Suzy.Q said...

Omg.. lol wallah i dont believe this. for the first time in my i meet people who love buffy. 7mdelaaa now u guys have brains. cuz whoever doesnt is... well lets not curse. :P
love u all !
and love, religiously? me too ;P

tots said...

im obsessed with buffy min yom kan 3omry 11!! oo i always found angel hot ;$ i have all seasons of both shows angel and buffy and still watch it *shhh dont tell anyone* ;p
lol... and yeah i have the ring :D irish history amazes me..
im happy for you babe ;* testahlain <3

Suzy.Q said...

** Blat
Haha you so just described me :)
Angel is hooootttttttt !!!!!
haha u have the ring, mn wain jbty ?

tots said...

you can find them in most jewelry or piercing stores here in australia.. ;D bas best place to get them are online.. i got ordered mine a few months ago min this website http://www.claddaghringking.com/ ;)