Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

High School .. part two

She ignored the message, deleted it, and went to sleep. The next morning was going to be tough for her. Well maybe not that tough because her dad is a little more understanding than her mom.

Dina always was a little daddy's girl, her dad hated to see a frown on her face. But that was all when she was a child, will an acception be made this time?

The alarm woke her up at around four in the afternoon. It was the weekend, a typical waking hour for her. She wore her baby blue silk robe and heading downstairs. Once she reached the end of the steps she saw a small black suitcase meaning her father was home.

She ran into the sitting room and jumped her father with joy.


Baba: Haha hala b a7la bnt fel 3alam !!

Dina: Baba I've missed you ! Makanik bayen MARRAH !

Baba: Sit sit, tell me how was your weekend?

Dina: It was alright I guess…

Baba: Your mother told me you went to a party?

Dina: Yeah I did.

Babe: Without her permission?

Dina: Baba she gave me no choice !

Baba: Wsh ele she gave you no choice, shes your mother and she gives the orders and you listen.

Dina: I'm not her slave.

Baba: Following orders doesn’t make you a slave. She's your mother, and its her job to raise you well. That’s all she's trying to do. If you don’t listen to your mother, forget me now, but your mother then trust me in the future you will regret it. And theres no turning back time.

Dina: But shes just so strict that it pisses me off.

Baba: Aha see, that’s the word. The word I never want to hear come out of your mouth. I don’t know from where you learned all these bad habits but I really hope they disappear soon.

Dina: So now what?

Mama: Now you'll go pack. Your plane leaves in two days.
Dina: WHAT? BABA !!

Baba: *sigh* Dina you need to behave.

Dina: I can behave right here.

Mama: I know you Dina, for the first couple of days you will behave but then you'll take advantage.

Baba: You promise to behave here ?

Dina: YES !

Mama: What are you saying? The school in England is perfect for discipline.

Baba: No wait, I'm on to something.

Dina: Anything baba you just name it.

Baba: You wont go out on weekdays anymore.

Dina: WHAT?

Baba: Shhh wla klma.

Mama: Continue..

Baba: Unless its something important. Other than that no. Weekdays is when you stay in with your family and do homework and study, even if you don’t need to. ..Moraja3a.

Dina: What else?

Baba: It seems that every weekend your off to some party. We wont forbid you from them, but you wont be allowed to go to every one.

Dina: But that’s so unfair. Its rude if I don’t show up!

Baba: Well it was even more rude when you stormed away from your mother last night.

Mama: I have something else to add.

Dina: Wsh tha, tara mani l3ba !

Mama: That attitude has got to go.

Dina: 7ather..

Mama: And you'll need to find your self a tutor.

Dina: Why? I don’t need one.

Mama: Have you seen your last report card ?

Dina: Fine, I'll find someone.

Mama: Non of your friends.

Dina: Ufff ajal meen ?

Mama: You can figure that out.



At School, Saturday Morning


Noura: How was she ?

3bdulah: Pretty much cold.

Noura: I still don’t get how this all happened.

Naif: 5ala9 ya Noura, she chose her path and decided to walk away. Forget her.

Noura: I cant! We were best BEST friends.

Haya: Naif is right Noura, you have to forget about her.

Naif: Moving on, you said you wanted to talk to us about something ?

Haya: Yeah… I'm moving.

Silence…

Haya: Hello !

Noura: Why the hell are you moving ?

Haya: Well I had a meeting with the principle and it turns out their skipping me up to university. And apparently Yale university wants me.

3bdulah: 7beebty Hayou you got into Yale !

Naif: Mabrook ..

Haya: C'mon don’t be sad I'll call and visit whenever I can. I promise. I love you guys too much to just forget you.
3bdulah: And your just here today to clear out your locker?

Haya: Guilty.

Noura: Haha we understand. Yallah go and we'll see you later.

Haya: I leave in a week.

Noura: Hell you are !

Haya: Ive got a lot of stuff to do but the day before I leave you guys can buy me dinner.

Naif: Mn 3yoonah.




Haya was walking away while Dina was coming her way. The two haven’t crossed paths in over a year. Their eyes spotted one another. Each heart beating rapidly. Wanting to turn around so bad but can't. They finally got closer and their shoulders touched. Shivers started running up and down Dina's spine. She was relieved that awkward moment was over. That is until 3bdulah came up to her.


3bdulah: You know when someone sends a message checking to see if your alright its not so bad to reply.

Dina: That was you?

3bdulah: You deleted my number I see.

Dina: No,I just… lost it.

3bdulah: I bet you did. Well have a nice day.

Dina: No wait! *grabbing his hand*

3bdulah: What?

Dina: I need your help.

3bdulah: You came all the way here to ask for my help? Well sorry Barbie but I owe you nothing.

Dina: Why are you being so cruel?

3bdulah: Me? …. I'll help you with one thing. Look up the word cruel then look deep into the mirror.

Dina was holding back the tears in her eyes. No one has ever talked to her that way. Not even her mom, who she kind of hates right now. They were friends once so she assumed he would help her. She never expected he would say such a thing to her.

She just took a few slow steps back and walked away. 3bdulah felt the guilt in the pit of his stomach killing him. He didn’t mean to hurt her. Or did he?



Noura: wasn’t that a bit harsh ?

3bdulah: I don’t know..

Noura: Allah yesam7ik 3bdulah.

Naif: Noura 5lee al7een yallah we have class.




Back At Home


A lonely evening at home. Dad was still at work leaving mom downstairs with a novel in her hand.

There was nothing for Dina to do. She got back from school had lunch, took a shower and hit straight into the books. Did all her homework in two hours, research in half an hour and finished by seven. So yes this was going to be a lonely evening at home, but not for long.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

first again (h)

Anonymous said...

FIIIRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!!
LOVE THE NEW STORY!! KEEP IT UP
-Hope

Esoteric said...

OMGOSH! Walla 7abaiiiit el storyyyy, can't wait for the next one XD

Allure said...

So faaar Amaaazzziing =D

Keep it up sis

wed-locked said...

;) !!! =D
*new follower* :P

Anonymous said...

The story is AMAZING so far!! keep it up and pls another post!!;*;p

-N;*